“It was such a pleasure attending your cooking class at Central Market! I can’t thank you enough. I have been having heartache trying to find things that my kids will eat…my "gluten-free" cooking had become synonymous with bad-tasting...”
~ Marina Reynaga, children with multiple allergies and gluten-intolerance
Cooking Classes & Events
Cooking Classes at Market Street in Colleyville
- May 7, 6:30pm - 8:30pm - Redefine Healthy Series: Garlic, Garlic and More Garlic - Chef Deb is back to teach and show us the goodness of garlic. Menu: Simple Salad with Garlic Basil Dressing; Garlicky Potato Leek Soup; Garlic Bread; Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce and Grilled Garlic and Honey Chops. Space is limited to 28. Cost $40 To register call 817.577.5047.
- June 4, 6:30pm - 8:30pm - Redefine Healthy Series: Family Friendly Tex Mex Favorites - For this class Chef Deb is cooking family favorites but with a healthy twist. Menu: Chicken Tortilla Soup; Easiest Chicken Enchiladas; Mexican Stuffed Shells; Green Chili Quinoa Casserole and Mexican Corn. Space is limited to 28. Cost $40 To register call 817.577.5047.
All dishes are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and sugar-free. For more information and to register, click here.
Private, In-Home Cooking Class Packages
These classes are provided in the client's home using their personal cookware and utensils.
"Executive Chef" Package for 2 people: $500 ($550 value) - 4 classes (1 1/2 hours each)
- Class 1 - Basic knife skills/cuts (salads and salsas will be made) kitchen safety to be more effective in the kitchen allowing the home chef to prepare meals faster and efficiently thereby saving time and money.
- Class 2 - Grocery store tour which includes a tour of the local grocery store to learn how to shop efficiently, effectively and with the healthiest ingredients. Ingredient substitutions will be mentioned as well and introduction to new fruits and vegetables with alternative cooking methods and uses. To include how to purchase and prepare fish and other proteins.
- Class 3 - How to use fresh herbs, elusive side dishes and different types of cooking methods for meats and vegetables to broaden the home chefs palate and repertoire of cooking techniques.
- Class 4 - Alternative uses of healthy oils, pressure cooking techniques and sauces will be discussed.
"Sous Chef" Package for 2 people: $300 ($350 value) - 2 classes (1 1/2 hours each)
- Class 1 - Basic knife skills/cuts (salads and salsas will be made) to include the use of healthy oils, kitchen safety to be more effective in the kitchen allowing the home chef to prepare meals faster and efficiently thereby saving time and money.
- Class 2 - How to use fresh herbs, elusive side dishes and different types of cooking methods for meats and vegetables to broaden the home chefs palate and repertoire of cooking techniques.
- Due to the customized nature of this package, pricing is determined on an individual basis.
- Professional chef will meet with the client to discuss and develop a customized plan for his and/or her specific food needs.
- Topics can include: knife skills, culinary tours, culinary tastings, sauces, seasonings, fresh herbs, proper cookware, proper appliances, purchasing fresh meats and seafood, choosing vegetables and fruits, ingredient substitutions, use of pressure cooking and how to use different heat sources, etc.
2013 Classes & Other Events:
- April 9, 6:30pm - 8:30pm - Redefine Healthy Series: Favorite Asian Classics. Market Street, Colleyville.
- March 21, 6:30pm - 8:30pm – Redefine Healthy Series: How to Cook with Healthy Oil. Market Street, Colleyville.
- January 13, 2013 6pm - 10pm: 2013 Celebrity Chefs benefiting SafeHaven at the Hurst Conference Center located at 1601 Campus Dr., Hurst, Texas.
2012 Classes & Other Events:
- Dec 27, 6:30pm - 8:30pm at Market Street in Colleyville - Wellness Through Food Series: Warming Soups, Stews and One-Pot Meals - Beef Stew with Marsala Wine Sauce, Chicken and Corn Chowder, Best Ever Chicken Tortilla Soup and Believe it or not Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumplings.
- December 22, 2012 10am - 4pm: 6th Annual Walter Kaufmann Chef's Holiday Party at the Ridgmar Mall (in front of Macy's, lower level). This event benefits Tarrant Area Food Bank's Cooking Matters(tm) program and the education fund of the Texas Chefs Association, Fort Worth Chapter. The annual holiday bake sale features cakes, pies, cookies, breads, yule logs, muffins and more donated from more than 40 top local restaurants, bakeries and chefs.
- December 17, 2012 6:30pm at Brain Balance in Southlake - Enjoy light snacks and apple cider as Chef Deb Cantrell talks about gluten-free cooking for the holidays. She will share recipes for common foods such as gluten-free and dairy-free stuffing, pie crusts, snacks, etc. and answer questions. www.brainbalancecenters.com.
- Nov 6, 6:30-8:30pm at Market Street, Colleyville - Wellness Through Food Series: Healthy Holiday Sides -- Sweet Potatoes Casserole, Green Bean Casserole with Fried Onions, Cornbread Dressing, Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce, Savory Bacon Wrapped Green Beans and Corn Pudding.
- Oct 9, 6:30-8:30pm at Market Street, Colleyville - Wellness Through Food Series: Let's Party -- Sloppy Joe Sliders, Ghostly Party Mix, Sweet and Spicy Roasted Chick Peas, Maple Butter Spiced Popcorn and Fresh Fruit Kabobs with Dark Chocolate Drizzle. And just for fun, Candy Sushi.
- September 19, 6:30 p.m. - "Ask a Chef", at Brain Balance in Southlake, Texas. A class where those with special dietary needs were able to ask questions about substitutions, brands, simple recipes and other food-related questions.
- September 5, 1:00 p.m. - Group Grocery Shopping Tour at Central Market in Southlake, Texas.
- August 23, 1:00 p.m. - Group Grocery Shopping Tour at Sprouts in Keller, Texas.
- March 4, 5:00 pm - Cookin for Kids Celebrity/Chef Cook-off at the Cendera Center in Fort Worth.
- February 23, 5:00 pm - Healthy Cooking Class for EMSISD employees.
- January 17, 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Redefine Healthy Cooking Series at Market Street in Colleyville.
2011 Classes & Other Events:
- December 13, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Holiday Cooking with Special Dietary Needs at Market Street in Colleyville.
- November 12, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Healthy Oils Cooking Class at the Red Barn Health Club in Arlington.
- October 19, 1-3 pm - Candida Grocery Shopping Tour, lead by Chef Deb Cantrell at Whole Foods Arlington. $50 per person.
- September 24, 7:00 pm - 3rd Annual A Night on the Wilkie Way, benefiting Cuisine for Healing; Savor Culinary Services is one of the food sponsors
- September 20, - Open House Celebration at Healthy Solutions/Savor Culinary Services in Arlington - Click Here for details
- August 27, - Central Market in Austin; private cooking class for Autism Speaks
- July 15, - Central Market in Austin; Gluten-Free cooking class
To get the latest news and class schedules, join our email list.
If you are interested in booking Chef Deb as a cooking class instructor at your school or other venue, please contact Kelly Kirkendoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.